Wednesday 2 February 2011

New-Style Posts

I've been experimenting with the post styles on some of the sites.
(I got the idea from www.johnfoxxandthemaths.com)
The idea is that each post has the Category (or tag) as a prefix.
For example, a "news" item would be "News - The world ends tomorrow"
My best example of this on www.nervejam.com. I've used a different class to highlight the Prefix. Looks really good.  It became necessary, as so many posts were being syndicated from the OMD site, without mentioning OMD. Well they do now!

I've done something similar on www.synteknik.com, but as this is a more minimal theme, I've left the styling alone.

Best of all, it's really easy. In it's simplest form, it's a copy-and-paste job. Copy the category bit, and paste it into the line that displays the title.
I've now done it with three different themes. And one of those is a weird one..
Simples.

No comments:

Post a Comment