Thursday 8 September 2011

Twitter Marketing

One of my sites has a MASSIVE number of followers on Twitter.
I've decided to try and leverage these followers by sending them the occasional affiliate advert. All I need to do is create a post about it, containing the appropriate link, and it will get tweeted via feedburner.
That's not instantaneous though, so I've re-installed Twitter Tools* so that I can post immediately to Twitter when I create the post. The post will then get re-tweeted slightly differently when feedburner picks it up.
Anyone subscribing to RSS or e-mail via feedburner will also receive the adverts.. Result.

I've also added a Twitter box on the homepage, which displays the website's last few Tweets.. and users can Tweet from there as well..

The first advert going out is for Unlimited Web Hosting, who host ALL of my sites. I REALLY rate them highly, so I have no qualms about recommending them.

* Not as easy as it sounds - I had to register as a Twitter developer, create a Twitter Application for the website, and go through the authentication process to make it work..

No comments:

Post a Comment