Tuesday 3 July 2012

Feedwordpress / Gzip plugin problems - can't access admin panel

Yesterday, after all the hoo-haa with Feedwordpress refusing to activate, I ran into another problem: I couldn't access the feedwordpress admin panel! on FOUR sites.. All I get is "page unavailable", or the dreaded error 324 in Chrome (don't start me on that one). So I backtracked - what ELSE had I changed recently? The answer was I had used plugin to switch on GZIP compression on the affected sites. Deactivating the plugins "Force Gzip", or "Wordpress Gzip" allowed me back in to the feedwordpress admin panel. I have no idea why switching on Gzip kills the feedwordpress admin panel, but it does. You heard it here.

1 comment:

  1. it seems that a double compressing actions blocks the plugin to work properly. I am in the same status now where I get "Content Encoding Error" in each admin page of the plugin. And I can backtrack anything since I did not change anything in the last month :S

    ReplyDelete