Thursday 6 October 2011

DIGI AUTO LINKS | SERVER MELTDOWN!

Last week, I started playing with the excellent DIGI AUTO LINKS (DAL) wordpress plugin.
It's an all-singing, all-dancing backlink-building system, which uses Wordpress Pingbacks.

I had it installed on 4 sites, and I'd noticed that things were running slowly, with the occasional "Internal System Error" thrown in for good measure.

So I contacted the excellent support people at Unlimited Web Hosting to see what was going on.. Unusually, they wanted to RING ME.. unheard of!
I was tied up with other things for several hours, so when I finally got free, I checked my sites, and found that THREE had been suspended, (for server-hogging, I found out later..)

I worked out that FEEDWORDPRESS (FWP) was creating batches of posts that DAL was trying to process instantly, resulting in server meltdown.

We fixed the problem by pausing the DAL cron jobs, bringing the sites back up one at a time, and deactivating the DAL plugins. Normal servive resumed.

CONCLUSION: DAL doesn't work for me.
It's an excellent product, and would work fine on a normal blog, where there is a NORMAL level of posts. THAT doesn't describe my sites..

DIGI AUTO LINKS (DAL)

UNLIMITED WEB HOSTING

No comments:

Post a Comment